This National Ice Cream Competition is open to ALL registered ice cream manufacturers, whether or not they are members of the Ice Cream Alliance (the organising body). The new Chefs Class, launched in partnership with the Craft Guild of Chefs, is open to all qualified chefs and anyone studying to be a chef in the UK.
Entrants into the new Chefs Class and the existing Soft Serve and Supply House Classes are not required to be registered with their Local Authority or Food Standards Authority (UK only).
However, to be eligible to enter all the other Classes of the National Ice Cream Competition, entrants must confirm that they are registered as a Food Business with your Local Authority or Food Standards Authority (UK only).
- https://www.gov.uk/food-business-registration and/or https://www.gov.uk/food-premises-approval
- or, for FSA-approved exceptions, must have local authority approval in the UK)
- or registered for food production with a competent authority in their country (if outside the UK) prior to the date of the competition.
- Companies that are manufacturers that are not registered will be unable to enter samples into the National Ice Cream Competition.
- No refunds can be given for disqualified entries.
- Only 1 entry will be allowed for registered manufacturers in each of the following classes: Ice Cream Class, Dairy Ice Cream Class, Open Ice Cream Class, Sorbet Class, 1st Flavour Class, 2nd Flavour Class, Soft Serve or Newcomer.
- 2 entries will be allowed for the Chef’s Class, Open Flavour Class and the Alternative Classes, (fees apply for both entries i.e. 1 entry – £162 ex VAT, 2 entries – £324 ex VAT).