Calling all ICA Mobilers!
Entry for Mobiler of the Year 2023 is now open!
Mobiler of the Year is a fantastic opportunity to market your business and raise your profile but don’t just take it from us, here is what some of our previous winners had to say:
“Since the award I have had more media attention than in the last forty years as a mobiler”
“I’ve noticed new people on the round coming out and congratulating us on winning and then buying an ice cream at the same time”
“We have been getting a lot more bookings from new companies and event organisers”
“Even from just reaching the final you will see the rewards”
We are delighted to announce this year we have a new sponsor for this prestigious mobiling competition Ice Cream Direct.Ice Cream Direct are a well-established company providing national coverage for Kelly’s Dairy Soft Ice Cream Mix, their own Softee Whip brands and other ice cream mixes and have been a supporter of Ice Cream Alliance for many years.
“We are proud to sponsor the 2023 Mobiler of the Year competition, providing us with the opportunity to support and celebrate the Great British tradition of mobiling and the dedicated people within the industry”.
- You have to be an ICA member
- You must be available for an interview at the Expo, should you reach the finals
- Last year’s winner and anyone from the same company cannot enter
How to Enter
Please contact Kashif via email at email@example.com or call on 01332 203333 to register your interest and arrange to pay your entry fee which is £99.00 plus VAT. Once you have paid your fee, a link to a SharePoint folder will be given for you to send your entry form and supporting documents to us.
- Contact Details
- Business Name
- Membership Number
- Telephone Number
- Entrant’s trading history (For example how you began and how long you have been running)
- Usual round worked by entrant (You can include specific venues)
- Brief description of Vehicle used
- What are the entrant’s thoughts on mobiling?
- How does the entrant promote themselves and the UK industry?
Please include a maximum of 20 photos (especially of you in/with your vehicle/s) and any evidence of activities (such as news articles, charity events etc).
Your application must be submitted to the ICA’s SharePoint folder account by 4.00p.m on Friday 25th November 2022. The link will be sent to you in due course.
How does the judging process work?
All applications will be reviewed and narrowed down to three finalists by the ICA Board of Directors during the December Board Meeting. The finalists will be notified of their entry into the final stage of the competition in mid-December.
All three finalists will attend an interview at the Ice Cream & Artisan Food Show on Wednesday 8th February 2023 in Harrogate. During this interview you will be asked to present your portfolio and several relevant questions regarding your role, which will be sent to you in advance.
What will I gain from winning this competition?
- The winner will be announced at the ICA Award Night Dinner on Wednesday 8th February at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Harrogate. You will be awarded a silver trophy and certificate
- Given valuable publicity in regional and national press through our PR partners
- Standard ICA membership (worth £242)
- £1000 of product from our main sponsor Ice Cream Direct
- Opportunity to write four articles in our ‘Ice Cream’ magazine
- Runner up and 3rd place winners will also be awarded at the ICA Award Night with a trophy and certificate.
*All finalists receive digital artwork*
Please note, due to COVID 19 – dates and judging location indicated are subject to change. The ICA reserves the right to delay judging and therefore amend the dates associated with it, according to Government advice.